We understand how difficult it can be to gain an insight into a career in commercial law, which is why we’ve created our new Social Mobility Mentoring program.
How does the program work?
This program has been designed to provide an insight into commercial law, for students who might not have the access to do so independently. The program includes two main aspects:
- One to one mentoring: each mentee has a dedicated mentor from the firm, who they will meet with (virtually or in person) at least three times over the course of the program.
- Workshops: all mentees will be invited to exclusive workshops designed to prepare you for a career in law. These will include topics such as commercial awareness and personal branding.
Mentoring runs over three months.
Who can apply?
We welcome people who are driven to challenge. We’ll be looking for collaboration, drive and problem solving throughout the process.
To be eligible you will need to:
- Currently be a full time undergraduate student;
- Not hold a Training Contract or Graduate Scheme offer;
- Have attended from aged 11, a state-funded non-fee paying school / college OR an independent / fee paying school through a bursary scheme in the UK;
- Be the first generation in your family to attend university.
Applications are now closed for the current scheme and will reopen in the autumn.
The application process is short, we just ask you to complete your educational information and answer the question ‘Why have you chosen to apply to the mentoring program?’