Work is about more than work here. It’s about the environment too, and the feeling you get from your team, office and beyond.
What Makes us, us?
Diversity & Inclusion Enthusiasts welcome add
We value the diverse perspectives and experiences you bring, whilst we see inclusivity as an active responsibility we all share. At Dentons we welcome Diversity & Inclusion Enthusiasts who can help create the diverse and inclusive culture needed in order to challenge the status quo in the legal market, innovate for our clients and ensure all our talented people reach their full potential.
Diversity & Inclusion is sponsored by our CEO, Jeremy Cohen, and shaped by our people via our diversity networks:
- Inspire – men, women and non-binary people championing gender equality
- GLOW – our LGBT+ network recognised in the Stonewall Top 100
- Black Professionals Network – focused on the inclusion of black and minority ethnic professionals
- Fusion – our Asian professionals network
- Parents and Carers Network – supporting family life in all its guises
- My Healthy Balance – supporting our mental health and wellbeing
Giving Back add
Success isn’t just about personal gain. It’s not about you and it’s not always about us either. It’s about moving away from personal or business benefit. Helping the community, and adding a dimension to your career. Doing good feels good.
Our CSR and Pro Bono programmes provide opportunities to help those in need in our local communities. They’re also a great way to develop your personal and professional skills.
Take our lawyers and trainee solicitors in the UK and the Middle East as an example. They contributed 17,655 hours and £4.1M worth of time to pro bono and non-legal volunteering this year. Now that’s a lot of time for a good cause.
It’s not just time that our people donated, our CSR Committees collectively fundraised £200,000 for our nominated charities of the year.
“I get an enormous feeling of achievement and satisfaction from knowing I have made a real and positive difference for someone in need.” Georgia Kirkwood. Trainee, Challenger.
CSR Case Study: Pop Law Clinic
Together with LawWorks, Dentons set up the first Poplaw clinic in January 2006. The drop-in clinics offers free legal advice to individuals who may not otherwise be able to access or afford it.
So far the clinic has provided:
- Over 17,500 Hours of free legal advice
- Services to over 6500 Clients
- £7.8 million in chargeable time
Out of hours add
It’s not all work. Once you’ve settled into your Training Contract, we’ve got lots of social activities to keep you busy. Throw yourself into 5-a-side football and dragon boat racing, or join the Dentons Choir or Book Club.
Our Social Committee also organises an annual calendar of events, including spring balls, Christmas fairs, cheese and wine evenings, and our very own bake off.
Recently we’ve been enjoying gym classes, book clubs, quizzes and escape rooms virtually, from the comfort of our homes.
“Trainees are invited to be part of the social committee and, if you have an idea for a new group or activity, the firm will support you in organising that.” Lara Ali. Trainee, Challenger.
Our Values add
Our values guide everything we do at Dentons, and play a vital part of our journey from largest to leading, from now to next.
- Always human: we are open, honest and empathetic towards each other, our clients and our community.
- Stronger together: we work as one, using our diverse strengths to succeed together.
- Here to win: we are ambitious and future focussed.