ONE OF US.
Solicitor Apprenticeship Programme
How it Works
Skip the burdensome loans and uncertainty that often accompany full-time university degrees. If your dream is to become a solicitor, Dentons offers a clear and financially sound alternative – our Solicitor Apprenticeship programme.
You won’t accumulate eye-watering debt. Our Apprenticeship programme allows you to train for your future career without the financial stress.
As a Dentons apprentice, you’ll embark on a unique journey. You’ll start working towards your LLB university degree alongside your day job. It’s an opportunity to learn, grow, and earn simultaneously.
Your journey to becoming a solicitor starts here.
- 6 years
- 1 day per week study with BPP university
- No university fees
- 4 days per week work
- LLB Law Degree
- Qualification as an England & Wales solicitor
- Designed for school leavers who have yet to commence an undergraduate degree.
Applications for our 2024 London intake are now open and will close on 15 January 2024.
If you are interested in our opportunities at our Milton Keynes or London offices beyond 2024, you can sign up to our database to be kept updated. Please note that we will not be recruiting Apprentices in Milton Keynes in 2024.
As an Apprentice at Dentons, you’ll dive headfirst into the world of law. Four days a week, you’ll be in the office, where your journey will span six exciting years. During this time, you’ll explore eight different practice areas or departments. This allows you to hone a wide range of skills and discover your passion within the legal field.
Here’s what to expect:
- You’ll spend six months to a year in each practice area, gaining invaluable insights and experience. In each department, you’ll have a dedicated supervisor to guide and mentor you
- From day one, you won’t be a passive observer. You’ll be a key member of your team, contributing to real projects and making an impact. As the years pass, you’ll undertake increasing responsibilities
- Throughout the programme, you’ll build a portfolio of skills. These skills will not only contribute to your degree but will also play a crucial role in qualifying as a solicitor.
At the end of the six-year journey, we encourage all our Apprentices to apply for Associate (Qualified Solicitor) with the Firm. This is just the beginning of what we hope will be an exceptional career.
You’ll spend one day a week (usually Mondays) studying with BPP University. You’ll take part in workshops and seminars and complete various assessments across the six years, all working towards completing your Law degree.
BPP make studying as accessible as possible, providing a large amount of the course as e-learning.
You can read the full curriculum on the BPP Website.
SUPPORT AND DEVELOPMENT
- Each practice area will provide you with a dedicated supervisor to guide your professional growth
- You’ll have access to an HR manager to assist with your career development
- A personal tutor will be there to support your academic progress and well-being
- A student manager will be your go-to resource for any questions or challenges you encounter
At Dentons, we believe in nurturing talent, and your six-year apprenticeship is the foundation for a successful and rewarding legal career. Your future begins here.
• A minimum of seven GCSEs grade B/grade 6 or above (including Maths and English)
• You will need to have achieved or be predicted a minimum of ABB at A-Level or equivalent.
- Starting salary: £26,500 (London)
- Starting work bonus: £1,500
- Salary increases annually
- Gym membership allowance
- Health insurance
- 24 annual leave days
- Pension scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Access to well-being resources
- Restaurant discounts.